Nottingham Forest learn huge Jadon Sancho transfer fee as Man Utd update emerges

The latest Nottingham Forest news as attention turns to the January transfer window and hopes the Reds will add to their squad

Jadon Sancho of Manchester United reacts during the Premier League match between Manchester United and Chelsea FC at Old Trafford on May 25, 2023 in Manchester

Nottingham Forest will not be able to take Jadon Sancho ‘on the cheap’ as the winger looks to be nearing an exit at Man Utd.

That’s according to sister title The Mirror who say the Old Trafford club are ‘not prepared to take a massive hit’ on a player they signed from Borussia Dortmund for £73million just a couple of years ago.

Forest have been linked with the 23-year-old for several months, since the fell out with manager Erik ten Hag, and The Mirror claim Utd want £50m for the talented attacker.

That would be a whopping £20m more than they paid for record signing Ibrahim Sangare earlier this season and while it is claimed Juventus contacted Utd over the possibility of a loan move, they are said to have baulked at paying the bulk of his reported £275,000 a week wages.

Saudi Arabia is another potential destination for a player who has not played for Utd since August 26 – and since there was a dispute over his standards in training. Coincidentally that most recent appearance came against Forest in their 3-2 loss at Old Trafford.

It is said Al Ettifaq, managed by Steven Gerrard, were interested in a loan deal for Sancho in the summer transfer window, but refused to commit to a £50m permanent move at the end of the season.

As things stand Forest have Anthony Elanga, who arrived from Utd in the summer, Morgan Gibbs-White and Callum Hudson-Odoi as attacking options out wide. Boss Steve Cooper managed Sancho with England under-17s when they won the World Cup six years ago.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*